Within a limited distance, van transportation is available from participants’ homes to our service location on a pre-registered space availability basis. Our van is also occasionally utilized to provide transportation to outings within the community.
It is the responsibility of caregivers to provide participant supervision during hours outside of their scheduled attendance at FFADP. If a participant arrives before or is picked up later than his/her scheduled hours of attendance, an additional charge would incur ($10/per 15 minutes).
FFADP policy for van transportation:
- All participants must wear seatbelts.
- Outings may occasionally involve additional fees and caregivers will be alerted to this need prior to the occurrence of such outings.
- Caregivers must escort participants to and from the van unless they provide specific authorization, in writing, to allow the participants to be left alone in the home and/or to walk independently to/from the van.
- FFADP reserves the right to cancel van transportation at any time based on weather and/or van servicing requirements. In the event that a cancellation is required, FFADP will make every effort to provide participants and caregivers a minimum of one hour advanced notice.
- All participants must have alternate care/transportation plans in place should an emergency require cancellation of van transportation services. Caregivers are responsible for providing the Program Supervisor with the most current emergency contact numbers.
- If the participant/caregiver needs to cancel van service for any reason, the participant’s caregiver must notify the Program Supervisor at least one hour before the scheduled pick-up time.